Mairangi Arts Centre
Mairangi Arts Centre is a vibrant, community based visual arts education facility and exhibition venue. Our mission is to educate and foster growth in the creative arts by providing access to and participation in the arts for all.
- Weekly adult art classes and 'one off' weekend workshops
- Weekly after school and weekend art classes for kids and teens
- School holiday programmes for kids and teens
- Studio space for experienced students who wish to work independently
- A varied exhibition programme, open to the public 6 days a week
- Opportunities to exhibit in our modern, spacious galleries
- Dedicated venue for emerging artists to exhibit in a supportive, encouraging environment
- Venue for hire
- Adult and young artists membership
- Discounts on classes and arts supplies
- Monthly newsletter
- Opportunities to become actively involved at your arts centre
- Special member events
“Our students had an amazing time working with the Mairangi Arts Centre on this very exciting (mural painting) project. Students were made to feel empowered as they learnt the skills necessary to be successful with the task. The excitement that exudes from the pupils about the centre is very evident. They love it there! We are looking forward to more experiences like the one we have had already.”
- Bryce Mills, Teacher, Murrays Bay Intermediate
“As a parents of a little art lover, I love that my daughter can be part of creative community of same aged kids. She looks forward to her classes every week. Her imagination has increased a lot since joining MAC. I also appreciate that MAC involves kids in the Auckland wide competitions like the Photo competition last year. This increases kid's perception to arts which I give MAC full credit for!”
“I like getting to spend time with my friends and teacher and trying out different arts.”
- Maya (7)
‘A most rewarding course and tutor experience. It would be difficult to find a better tutor for this level of inspiration!’
- a student about Watercolour tutor Ted Sherwen
‘Awesome tutor. Adjusts teaching to the individual needs of everyone. Great bunch of people. Always feels I have learned something new in every class.’
- a student about Acrylics tutor Estel Slabbert
Click here to email us.
2014ExhibitionIn2Art is a biennial exhibition of artworks made by Year 7 and 8 students from schools on the North Shore and Hibiscus Coast.
2014EventLinda Tyler (Director, Centre of Art Research, University of Auckland) will give an illustrated talk about her impressions and highlights of the 2014 Sydney Biennale
2014ExhibitionThis is a very popular national exhibition, showcasing the work of the many pastel artists throughout New Zealand.
2014ExhibitionThis year is the North Shore Photographic Society’s 60th Anniversary. To celebrate we are holding a month long exhibition at MAC.
2014ExhibitionA new art competition with significant prize money for the winners has been announced for the Hibiscus & Bays area, with entries now open.
2014EventDid you know: Two term classes pay back the cost of your adult or YAC membership!