Mairangi Arts Centre
Mairangi Arts Centre is a vibrant, community based visual arts education facility and exhibition venue. Our mission is to educate and foster growth in the creative arts by providing access to and participation in the arts for all.
- Weekly adult art classes and 'one off' weekend workshops
- Weekly after school and weekend art classes for kids and teens
- School holiday programmes for kids and teens
- Studio space for experienced students who wish to work independently
- A varied exhibition programme, open to the public 6 days a week
- Opportunities to exhibit in our modern, spacious galleries
- Dedicated venue for emerging artists to exhibit in a supportive, encouraging environment
- Venue for hire
- Adult and young artists membership
- Discounts on classes and arts supplies
- Monthly newsletter
- Opportunities to become actively involved at your arts centre
- Special member events
“Our students had an amazing time working with the Mairangi Arts Centre on this very exciting (mural painting) project. Students were made to feel empowered as they learnt the skills necessary to be successful with the task. The excitement that exudes from the pupils about the centre is very evident. They love it there! We are looking forward to more experiences like the one we have had already.”
- Bryce Mills, Teacher at Murrays Bay Intermediate
“As a parents of a little art lover, I love that my daughter can be part of creative community of same aged kids. She looks forward to her classes every week. Her imagination has increased a lot since joining MAC. I also appreciate that MAC involves kids in the Auckland wide competitions like the Photo competition last year. This increases kid's perception to arts which I give MAC full credit for!”
"Thank you for all you do for the children's holiday programme. It's such a great opportunity for the kids to explore art in ways they don't usually experience. Can't wait to see what's on offer next school holidays!"
“I like getting to spend time with my friends and teacher and trying out different arts.”
- Maya (7)
"A most rewarding course and tutor experience. It would be difficult to find a better tutor for this level of inspiration!"
- a student about Watercolour tutor Ted Sherwen
"Awesome tutor. Adjusts teaching to the individual needs of everyone. Great bunch of people. Always feels I have learned something new in every class."
- a student about Acrylics tutor Estel Slabbert
Click here to email us.
2014ExhibitionA new art competition with significant prize money for the winners has been announced for the Hibiscus & Bays area, with entries now open.
2014ExhibitionOur final exhibition of the year, Dreamcatchers features the work of children and teens aged 5 - 17 who attended art classes at Mairangi Arts Centre in 2014.
2014EventDid you know: Two term classes pay back the cost of your adult or YAC membership!
2015ExhibitionThe Oriental Brush Calligraphers return to the centre for the fourth time with this beautiful display. The exhibition showcases the artists’ skilful techniques and their passion for this ancient art form. The group invites you to come along and enjoy! Please note this exhibition has no formal opening.
2015ExhibitionOur national printmaking exhibition will feature at MAC for the second time. It will be a selected exhibition with the premier award winner receiving $1000 RGM etching press, blankets & plates from the French Art Shop, $1,000 cash and one night's accommodation and an exhibition at 'Art at Wharepuke in Northland.