Mairangi Arts Centre
Mairangi Arts Centre is a vibrant, community based visual arts education facility and exhibition venue. Our mission is to educate and foster growth in the creative arts by providing access to and participation in the arts for all.
- Weekly adult art classes and 'one off' weekend workshops
- Weekly after school and weekend art classes for kids and teens
- School holiday programmes for kids and teens
- Studio space for experienced students who wish to work independently
- A varied exhibition programme, open to the public 6 days a week
- Opportunities to exhibit in our modern, spacious galleries
- Dedicated venue for emerging artists to exhibit in a supportive, encouraging environment
- Venue for hire
- Adult and young artists membership
- Discounts on classes and arts supplies
- Monthly newsletter
- Opportunities to become actively involved at your arts centre
- Special member events
“Our students had an amazing time working with the Mairangi Arts Centre on this very exciting (mural painting) project. Students were made to feel empowered as they learnt the skills necessary to be successful with the task. The excitement that exudes from the pupils about the centre is very evident. They love it there! We are looking forward to more experiences like the one we have had already.”
- Bryce Mills, Teacher at Murrays Bay Intermediate
“As a parents of a little art lover, I love that my daughter can be part of creative community of same aged kids. She looks forward to her classes every week. Her imagination has increased a lot since joining MAC. I also appreciate that MAC involves kids in the Auckland wide competitions like the Photo competition last year. This increases kid's perception to arts which I give MAC full credit for!”
"Thank you for all you do for the children's holiday programme. It's such a great opportunity for the kids to explore art in ways they don't usually experience. Can't wait to see what's on offer next school holidays!"
“I like getting to spend time with my friends and teacher and trying out different arts.”
- Maya (7)
"A most rewarding course and tutor experience. It would be difficult to find a better tutor for this level of inspiration!"
- a student about Watercolour tutor Ted Sherwen
"Awesome tutor. Adjusts teaching to the individual needs of everyone. Great bunch of people. Always feels I have learned something new in every class."
- a student about Acrylics tutor Estel Slabbert
Click here to email us.
2015EventMairangi Arts Centre will be closed on Easter Weekend (3rd April-6th April). We will reopen on Tuesday the 7th of April. See you then!
2015ExhibitionNow in its sixth year, this annual display is the result of a long-standing partnership between Mairangi Arts Centre and the Department of Corrections. The exhibition features artworks produced through the 'Art in Prisons Programme' by prisoners from various Northern Region Corrections Facilities.
2015ExhibitionThe Korean Photography Association of NZ (KPANZ)
is a photography club of Korean residents living in NZ. KPANZ has been established for 8 years and consists of 40 members. KPANZ is holding the fourth annual exhibition with 30 members showcasing their talents and around 80 images on display. The exhibition has an open theme and will portray the beauty of New Zealand and the life of its people.
2015ExhibitionMairangi Art Centre' members and students shine in the spotlight during this annual exhibition. Enjoy a variety of artwork in an array of different media including painting, pastels, glass and clay. Kindly sponsored by Factory Frames, Gordon Harris the Art & Graphic Store, Bayleys Mairangi Bay and Haydn Bruce.