Mairangi Arts Centre
Mairangi Arts Centre is a vibrant, community based visual arts education facility and exhibition venue. Our mission is to educate and foster growth in the creative arts by providing access to and participation in the arts for all.
- Weekly adult art classes and 'one off' weekend workshops
- Weekly after school and weekend art classes for kids and teens
- School holiday programmes for kids and teens
- Studio space for experienced students who wish to work independently
- A varied exhibition programme, open to the public 6 days a week
- Opportunities to exhibit in our modern, spacious galleries
- Dedicated venue for emerging artists to exhibit in a supportive, encouraging environment
- Venue for hire
- Adult and young artists membership
- Discounts on classes and arts supplies
- Monthly newsletter
- Opportunities to become actively involved at your arts centre
- Special member events
“Our students had an amazing time working with the Mairangi Arts Centre on this very exciting (mural painting) project. Students were made to feel empowered as they learnt the skills necessary to be successful with the task. The excitement that exudes from the pupils about the centre is very evident. They love it there! We are looking forward to more experiences like the one we have had already.”
- Bryce Mills, Teacher, Murrays Bay Intermediate
“As a parents of a little art lover, I love that my daughter can be part of creative community of same aged kids. She looks forward to her classes every week. Her imagination has increased a lot since joining MAC. I also appreciate that MAC involves kids in the Auckland wide competitions like the Photo competition last year. This increases kid's perception to arts which I give MAC full credit for!”
“I like getting to spend time with my friends and teacher and trying out different arts.”
- Maya (7)
Click here to email us.
2014ExhibitionThis annual display is the result of a long-standing partnership between MAC and the Department of Corrections
2014EventPrintable Reality Inc and Mairangi Arts Centre proudly present a new series of live spoken word/music/performance events with OPEN MIC and special guests.
2014ExhibitionThe Korean Photography Association is holding their third annual exhibition showcasing their members' talents.
2014EventBrian Latimer from ArtExplore will share his journey as an art collector in an entertaining and informative talk
2014ExhibitionA glimpse behind the curtains: Various MAC tutors are exhibiting their work as practising artists.
2014EventGet to know your tutors and find out which classes are right for you.
2014ExhibitionThis is an annual competition and exhibition open to serious and amateur photographers.